Effective as of April, 2022
1. Information We Collect or Receive. In the course of operating the App, we will collect and/or receive the following types of information. You authorize us to collect and/or receive such information. (a) Personal Information. We only receive or collect information that identifies you personally if you choose to provide such personally identifiable information to us via
email or other means. When you sign up to become a user or contact us, you will be required to provide us with personal information about yourself (collectively, the “Personal Information”). Such Personal Information may include your name, e–mail address, physical address, and phone number. Additionally, we collect information that you supply to us through the App, or our website, including, but not limited to, images, documents, and information on other people you supply. We do not collect any Personal Information from you when you use the App unless you provide us with the
limitation, your first and last name, username, profile picture, headline, unique identifier and access token, and e–mail address.
(c) Payment Information. If you choose to make a purchase or subscribe to a feature or service of ours that requires a fee, you will be required to provide us, or a third party payment vendor, with your payment information, including, without limitation, bank account numbers, credit card or debit card numbers, account details, ACH information, and similar data (collectively, “Payment Information”). Such Payment Information will be collected and processed by our third–party payment vendors pursuant to the terms
(e) Third–Party Analytics. We and the third–party technology providers, ad exchanges, ad networks, advertisers, agencies, ad exchanges, and ad servers with which we work use third–party analytics services (e.g., Google Analytics) to evaluate your use of the App, compile reports on activity, collect demographic data, analyze performance metrics,
(i) From You. Additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your gender and your product and service preferences.
(ii) From Your Activity. We may collect or receive information regarding:
(A) IP address, which may consist of a static or dynamic IP address and will
sometimes point to a specific identifiable computer or mobile device;
(B) browser type and language;
(C) referring and exit pages and URLs;
(D) date and time; and
(E) details regarding your activity on the App, such as search queries and other performance and usage data.
(iii) About Your Mobile Device. We may collect or receive information regarding:
(A) type of mobile device;
(B) advertising Identifier (“IDFA” or “AdID”);
(C) operating system and version (e.g., iOS, Android or Windows);
(D) carrier; and
(E) network type (WiFi, 3G, 4G, LTE).
(A) type of mobile device;
(B) personalize your experience;
(C) analyze which portions of the App are visited and used most frequently; and
(D) measure and optimize advertising and promotional effectiveness.
If you do not want us to deploy cookies in the App, you can opt out by setting your mobile device to reject cookies. You can still use the App if you choose to disable cookies, although your ability to use some of the features may be affected.
collect Other Information for such purposes. Pixel tags enable us and these third–party advertising companies to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits the site on which the pixel tag is located in order to learn which advertisement brings a user to a given site. In addition, we may receive Other Information from advertisers and/or their service providers such as advertising identifiers, IP addresses, and post–conversion data.
3. Data Processing by Third Parties. We use third parties to provide services to our users. These third parties may process, store, and access data, including Personal Information. All data processors maintain policies to protect data. A list of all third party processes is available at umergencyapp.com. By using Umergency App or website, you consent to
processing of your Personal Information by these third parties. You may discontinue use of Umergency’s services and App at any time and withdraw your consent for ongoing processing of your Personal Information by a Third Party by contacting us at email@example.com.
4. How to Opt Out Of Third–Party Interest–Based Advertising. If you wish to opt out of third–party interest–based advertising, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org and http://www.aboutads.info/choices for details on how to do so. Additionally, users of mobile Devices can follow the below instructions:
(a) Android Users. For Android devices with OS 2.2 and up and Google Play Services version 4.0 and up: Open your Google Settings app > Ads > Enable “Opt out of interest–based advertising.”
(b) iOS Users.
(i) iOS 7 or Higher: Go to your Settings > Select Privacy > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ad Tracking” setting.
(ii) iOS 6: Go to your Settings >Select General > Select About > Select Advertising > Enable the “Limit Ads Tracking” setting.
5. How Information Is Used and Shared.
(a) You authorize us to use the Personal Information, Payment information, Payment Information, Geolocational Information, and the Other Information (collectively, the “Information”) to:
(i) provide and improve our App;
(ii) provide our services;
(iii) administer our promotional programs;
(iv) solicit your feedback; and
(v) inform you about our products and services.
(b) In order to provide our services and administer our promotional programs, we may share the Information with our third–party promotional and marketing partners, including, without limitation, businesses participating in our various programs.
(c) We may share Personal Information with other parties, at your request or direction, and parties you specify in the App.
(d) We engage third–party companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf.
Examples may include providing technical assistance, customer service, marketing assistance, and administration of promotional programs. These other companies will have access to the Information only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law
(e) In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, the App, and our products and services, we may analyze certain Information in anonymized and aggregate form to operate, maintain, manage, and improve the App and/or such products and services.
This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share and/or license this aggregate data to our affiliates, agents, business and promotional partners, and other third parties. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics to describe the
App and these products and services to current and prospective business partners and investors and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
(f) We may share some or all of or all of your Information with any of our parent companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control or under common control or affiliated with us.
(g) As we develop our businesses, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, sale of assets, dissolution, or similar event, the Information may be part of the transferred assets.
(h) To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose the Information:
(i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or
(ii) whenever we believe that disclosing such Information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others, including you.
We will use your Payment Information to process your authorized payments through the App. We will share your Payment Information with a third–party service provider as necessary to process your payment. The third–party service provider stores your Payment
Information; we do not store this information. We will use your Payment Information to process your authorized payments through the App. We will share your Payment Information with a third–party service provider as necessary to process your payment. Storage by the
information by the third–party service provider for purposes of processing your payment to us. We will use your Payment Information to process your authorized payments through the App. We will share your Payment Information with a third party service provider as necessary to process your payment.
6. Accessing and Modifying Information and Communication Preferences. If you have provided us any Personal Information, you may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to the same by contacting us as set forth below or by updating your profile page in the App In addition, you may manage your receipt of marketing and non–transactional
communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of any of our marketing e–mails. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner. You should be aware, however, that it is not always possible to completely remove or modify information in our subscription databases. You cannot opt out of receiving
transactional e–mails related to the App (e.g., requests for support).
We may also deliver notifications to your mobile device (e.g., push notifications). You can disable these notifications by deleting the relevant service or by changing the settings on your
mobile device. However, notifications are primarily used for safety purposes and functionalities including information about new features and releases.
7. Data Portability. You may access and download your data from the App at anytime. You may also obtain additional data by sending a request to INFO@umergencyapp.com.
8. Deletion of Data. We will keep your Personal Information while you have an account with us or while we are providing services to you. You may close your account at any time. You may also send a request for your data to be deleted. Requests to delete data should be sent to
INFO@umergencyapp.com. Data will be deleted within thirty days after receiving a request. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will keep your personal information for as long as is necessary:
(a) To respond to any questions, complaints or claims made by you or on your behalf;
(b) To show that we treated you fairly; or
(c) To keep records required by law.
We will not retain your personal information for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of personal information. Umergency will usually delete data three years after a user account is terminated and there has been no contact or interaction with a user, unless data retention is necessary for reasons listed above.
9. How We Protect Your Information. We take commercially reasonable steps to protect the Information from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee
the security of our databases or the databases of the third parties with which we may share such Information, nor can we guarantee that the Information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted over the Internet. In particular, e–mail sent to us may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e–mail.
10. Important Notices to Non–U.S. Residents. The App and its servers are operated in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that your Information, including your Personal Information, may be transferred to, processed, maintained, and used on computers, servers, and systems located outside of your state,
province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. If you are located outside the United States and choose to use the App, you hereby irrevocably and unconditionally consent to such transfer, processing, and use in the United States and elsewhere. If you are located in a jurisdiction
subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, you have the right to submit a complaint to a supervisory authority in your jurisdiction.
11. App Stores; External Websites. Your app store (e.g., iTunes or Google Play) may collect certain information in connection with your use of the App, such as Personal Information, Payment Information, Geolocational Information, and other usage–based data. We have no
control over the collection of such information by a third–party app store, and any such collection or use will be subject to that third party’s applicable privacy policies.
The App may contain links to third–party websites. We have no control over the privacy practices or the content of these websites. As such, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of those third–party websites. You should check the applicable third–
12. Children. The App is not directed to children under the age of 13. We adhere to the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) and will not knowingly collect Personal Information from any child under the age of 13. We ask that minors (under the age of 13) not use the App. If a child under the age of 13 has provided us with Personal Information, a parent or guardian of that child may contact us and request that such information be deleted
from our records.
13. California Privacy Rights: Shine the Light Law. Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents who have an established business relationship with us may choose to opt out of our sharing their contact information with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and you wish to opt out, please send an e–mail to INFO@umergencyapp.com.
14. California Privacy Law: Do Not Track. We do not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt–out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.